Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What happened? Manners, that's what.

Okay-this is strictly unplanned, but as I consider after a phone call to my own doctor, that I do very much like, I am reconsidering my "planned" course of actions.

The diagnosis of RSD and also my own separate (I feel, but really doc, what do I know?  Um, an MSN thanks......but of that-I also have worked separate non-healthcare jobs.

As also I have in a customer call center for a brief time, that I enjoyed it so much, that I actually that was volunteering at a hospital and wound up being offered an ER job as a technician-that as an  EMT, I dreaded amy next shift after a "person vs train" call, I seriously was looking for a good reason to justify quitting.  Raising a family you take those decisions seriously.

Being able to pay rent-kind of important to begin with, regardless of where you live, what you pay-folks, we may have living in public housing-it's not a life anyone signs up for but luck out, move to a small town, perhaps luck changes.  You begin to see another side to others, one you may like, and then you evaluate-one your own actions.

That I myself rarely leave my apartment-expensive to have things shipped, mine is mostly disability, yes.  But the rare occassions we go to doctors?  LOL, I am joking, of course, but the welcome help of a friend I also consider a caregiver, and that I try to help where I can as well.

I guess an idealist always one.  But I was also not raised in a barn.  Or born in one, but well, Christ was-so humble a bit.  And consideI typical

But an eventful weekend, I had contacted my docs office, left a message that I would be in touch.  But basically that I had planned to call them: money only being part of the reason, but I do live in an outlying area, but have my healthcare that is based otut of the University of Washington.

Kind of far-very for me, and previous visit the doctor had ordered bloodwork, I had forgotten to tell the doctor who had been wonderful.  It was really refreshing to actually have a doctor who remembered the basics-like listening.  Asking a few questions, a short and limited exam, but had been suppportive-that she went in to see for well-either another patient was already in, but given the short time luck on my part-God, I guess through another-but she brought my coat I had left-the hyperhydrosis kicked in-I had left it behind.  I tend to not care for sticking around any medical facility, but a needed stop added to the trip home added to the (for me it's time, I dislike not being alllowed my usual continual movement.

To the degree I can.  Progression, no cure, etc.  :-)

Also it's an issue of in some cases that I feel truthfully the behavior of office staff either reflects directly at least who is in charge-no one, or a person-and found when I just had found the time after my routine in the morning, but a bit of just being kind of lazy but the RN I spoke with was short, rude, and a bit disrespectful of that experience.  I'd had some concerns, needed their fax number-I can get it online if I elect to go thed  route and fax them records.

A suggestion.  Log who you talk to-when, and a date.  One sentence if you are able, what.

If you are complex?  My guess is yes-so a note is one way to keep track-also who did ad d good deed, say thanks.

It's manners, I was taught-and likewise-had thanked the doctor for bringing my coat-but well the RN hung up-and no, it was not a lost connection-DSL has limits when you have to plug into a wall because your  system picks up no wireless signal.  Add to the "daily pains" but I chuck it on list of why movement helps.

I believe though in positive reinforcement more than a negative.  Also in giving a message, or if at a learning institution an opportunity if the see it as such-clearly the doc did she took on 2 pretty complex conditions in one patient.  An RSD'er on a feeding tube?  Okay, so if  she is half lunatic, welcome.

But well, I figured sometimes-and bugging someone if they are a thorn?  No, you let them squirm.  Play your cards right though, a lesson is in it.  Hanging up when someone does not ask yet the final 2 most important questions after telling you that grossly infected gumls, and being unable to tolerate an oral antibiotic,

Not concerned at all.  None whatsoever.  I prefer Skype and well, never plug my phone in.

Um, okay.  How is she going to get in (the RN-I called her back-getting the Call Center.  LOL, perfect.  Sent a computerized written message, told them-then explained why but by being very friendly, and understanding it was an odd request, explaining to a small degree that I was complex, but that I did not appreciate the price, but knew that she was the messenger-mentioned in brief my call center work.  Relating to the person who answers the phone, is always an important factor.  It may be a learning institution, but thus far?  Smart as far as I am concerned.

At any rate, I decided on the fax, because my price for her behavior-the patience I have from a previous experience is strictly limited.

Thus a polite note to the doctor on top of the medical records should pave the way a bit.  Waiting a few days and letting her squirm is tempting.

Making an enemy of someone however is never wise.  Teaching a bit of manners albeit indirectly well, another story.  You call at 4pm, remind "I am not tolerating an oral antibiotic" and even if it is 3 when you get sick?  The staff complains.

Then the doctor gets either upset and then what?  That right there can create a problem for some patients-you get "behavior"  a and one slip and what?  Legally they can refuse to see you.  Ever, including every doctor in the system.

But there's not really a "little person," and each person has a significant role iin keeping doors open.  They do have jobs to do.  If it is a lengthy request-in writing can be best and jotting notes while for example, when a caregiver comes to help-there's a chance and you can lose out on something that can improve.

Or you can be spinning your wheels.  If at any rate-that's a consistent problem, it's either a department-or any number of issues-down to the facility-taking a look at how they practice  medicine-a short mission-if one isn't available-then something telling you about providers may also tell you where their interests, prorities-some of that can be of help when attempting to relate to someone.

But if someone is rude, and disrespectful-if you request an antibiotic-they'll look, see perhaps why and if they
retain staff-or if someone is good otherwise, honestly?

None of them are perfect.  At times, it may be worth biting the bullet-it depends on what you put up with.

It's not hard to say, "Guys, this bothers me, how can we work together to fix the problem?"  Compromise, and sometimes you are surprised at what people can do and how they respond.

If you have people who create stress in your life, maybe distancing yourself a bit, LOL, but on a lighter note-it's not always you either.  Just know that.

What someone else does and initiates behavior wise-you have no control over.  How you respond is another story.

Just as permanent also.





Sometimes putting more into it gives you something to go on in the long run, others?  Years may seem like worth preserving-one who walks in your time of need is hardly anyone I would want to be around or work with (and for) as a provider.  Small names aren't always bad-but remember human fallibility before rising to anger-for us?  It's not worth the price in pain you will pay later.

Just some additional thoughts, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment